PADI Instructor Development Course - 40000 Baht
Our new PADI IDC curriculum consists of three parts the PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) Course, the Open Water Scuba Instructor program (OWSI) and the Emergency First Response Instructor (EFRI) course.
Successfully completing the AI course earns you the Assistant Instructor rating and allows you independently conduct certain PADI Programs. Completion also qualifies you to participate in the OWSI program which we run in conjunction with our IDC program.
During the IDC, it is important to understand that our staff will concentrate on your skill and knowledge development, not on testing. The resort setting that we work in provides a low-stress environment that allows you to relax, which makes the learning easier and certainly a lot more fun. During the program our team of highly experienced staff will be on hand to offer you all the support you need.
What will I need to start?
- Dive Leader certification — PADI Divemaster or leadership-level certification with a recognized recreational diver training organization*
who is either:
- an instructor member in good standing, or
- a diver with proof of certification in diver supervision and management including proof of rescue diving certification; 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation
- 18 years old
- Certified diver for 6 months
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months
- If not a PADI Divemaster, complete the PADI Divemaster course diver rescue skills assessment.
- Submit documentation of qualifying certifications for entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership level, as necessary
Please Note: 6 months as a certified diver and 100 logged dives are required to enter the Instructor Examination.
IDC Schedule for 2014
The IDC dates for 2014 are now available!! Please note that some of these dates are subject to change.
For 2014 we have 12 scheduled IDC programs here on Koh Tao starting with the IDC Prep Course on the following dates, the IE is scheduled for 2 weeks after these dates:
- January 7th
- February 4th
- March 11th
- April 8th
- May 6th
- June 10th
- July 1st
- July 29th
- August 26th
- September 30th
- October 28th
- November 25th
What materials are needed?
The IDC Crew pack which includes:
- PADI’s Guide to Teaching w. hologram
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
- Adventures in Diving Cue Cards
- Rescue Diver Cue Cards
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet
- Specialty Course Instructor Manual (Digital, multilingual version, E, DU, F, S)
Furthermore you will also need:
- PADI Instructor Manual Latest Version
- RDP Table and eRDPML version, including instructions for use booklets
- Discover Scuba Diving Cue Card
- Divemaster Cue Cards
- Encyclopaedia of Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Open Water Diver Manual
- How to Use and Choose Dive computers book
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue diver manual
- Divemaster manual
- A LAPTOP COMPUTER IS VIRTUALLY ESSENTIAL
As a dive professional, you will need a full set of scuba gear as outlined in the required equipment for dive professionals in PADI Instructor Manual.
What is Included in the program cost?
- Lunch during the IDC
- Tanks, weights and boat fees during the IDC and IE
- Relaxed Resort setting and guaranteed Fun
- EFR Instructor course excluding course materials
- Nitrox Instructor Specialty rating (not including Nitrox diver level certification and required PADI materials and application fees)
How can you prepare for your IDC?
Your ultimate success during the IDC program depends greatly on the amount of preparation you put in prior to the program. You should begin your self-study well in advance of your IDC and complete the following steps:
- Review the five sections in the Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Practice your skill demonstrations in the pool or a confined open water site (or in front of a mirror if necessary)
- Practice rescue skills focusing on Rescue exercise # 7: the unconscious diver at the surface
- Obtain an updated PADI Instructor Manual and become familiar with it
For all online bookings you have the option of paying the full amount of your shopping cart total. Alternatively, you can take advantage of the web site and pay just a 30% deposit of the total amount to confirm your booking and then pay the remaining balance on arrival prior to the start your course.