The PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course is a 14 Day Course (day off during the IDC and the EFRI course is scheduled during the IDC) and a step towards the prestigious Master Instructor rating and the prerequisite to becoming a PADI Course Director. The IDC Staff Instructor is an experienced PADI Instructor with the skills necessary for assisting a Course Director in conducting an IDC. The IDC Staff Candidate is tested in the same areas as the IDC candidate but with higher passing grades. You will also be taught the procedure for grading IDC candidates and will be tested for grading consistency. As a PADI IDC Staff Instructor you will be qualified to:
The Course Prerequisites to enroll in the IDCS Instructor course, an individual must:
The Performance Requirements are:
1. Demonstrate acceptable performance on the Instructor Dive Theory Exam by scoring 100 percent initially or scoring 80 percent or higher on each section and having each missed item reviewed until mastery is achieved
2. Demonstrate acceptable performance on the Assistant Instructor Standards Exam by scoring 100 percent initially or scoring 80 percent or higher on each section and having each missed item reviewed until mastery is achieved
3. Score 80 percent or higher (average 4.0 per skill) by demonstrating the 20 skills listed on the PADI Skill Evaluation with no skill demonstration scoring less than 3.0
4. Score a 4.0 or higher on a knowledge development teaching presentation
5. Score a 4.0 or higher on a confined water teaching presentation
6. Attend the four Step Two – Knowledge Development sessions
7. Audit a complete IDC by observing all 20 required IDC curriculum presentation sections
8. Demonstrate consistency in teaching presentation evaluation scoring by meeting the following parameters:
Our IDCS courses start a day previous to the IDC prep course, please see our IDC schedule.
Our IDCS program consists of three parts:
For all online bookings you have the option of paying the full amount of your shopping cart total. Alternatively, you can take advantage of the web site and pay just a 30% deposit of the total amount to confirm your booking and then pay the remaining balance on arrival prior to the start your course.
Copyright © 2012 - Planet Scuba - All rights reserved.